In a report from the MDH, Heritage of Edina was cited with neglect. The alleged perpetrator (AP) was responsible for maltreatment. The baseboard heat radiator in the client’s room became excessively hot and burned the client on her left arm,
MDH Cites St John’s Lutheran Home after Resident Suffers 2nd Degree Burn In a report from the Minnesota Department of Health it is alleged that a resident at St john’s Lutheran Home in Albert Lea was neglected when the facility
MDH Cites Talahi Nursing and Rehab in St. Cloud after 2nd Degree Burns from Hot Coffee to Resident In a report from the Minnesota Department of Health it is alleged that a client at Talahi Nursing and Rehab was neglected
Auburn Manor Resident Suffers Water Scald Burns In a report from the Minnesota Department of Health is alleged that a resident at Auburn Manor in Chaska was neglected when the resident wandered into the laundry room and was burned by
Fall with Burns Knute Nelson Resident Falls and Suffers Burns at Knute Nelson Alexandria In a report from the Minnesota Department of Health, dated April 22, 2016, it was alleged that Knute Nelson Alexandria was neglected when s/he fell and was
Heritage House of Milaca Neglect Due to Horrific Oxygen Burn Injuries In a report dated February 3, 2017, the Minnesota Department of Health, alleged that a resident at Heritage House of Milaca was not supervised when the resident had oxygen
Scalding Injury There are many ways that nursing home residents suffer injury in a bathroom and shower, few are as preventable as scalding injuries due to hot water in the shower or bath. Nursing homes are mandated to assess resident
In a report from the MDH dated July 12, 2016, it was alleged that the facility failed to provide adequate supervision when the resident’s foot rested on a heater and was burned. The resident was hospitalized and is expected to die.
In a report dated, August 1, 2016, the Minnesota Department of Health alleged that a resident was neglected when a facility staff failed to provide safe temperatures of food/drink. The resident developed blisters when s/he spilled their hot coffee.
Burn Injuries at Fairview Home Care in Minneapolis In a report from the MDH dated August 2, 2016, it is alleged that a client was neglected when the agency staff soaked the client’s feet in too high temperature of water.