LEGAL SERVICES TO BE PERFORMED BY THE ATTORNEYS
THE ATTORNEYS agree to perform the following legal services, if necessary, with respect to the claims described above:
• investigating the personal injury claim;
• determining the responsible parties:
• preparing and filing a lawsuit
• settlement procedures and negotiations;
• prosecution of claims by arbitration or legal action until settlement, award or judgment is obtained;
• if judgment is obtained in CLIENT’S favor, opposing an opposing party’s motion for new trial (if any);
• as appropriate, coordinating and evaluating insurance policies and claim information from first insurers in offering advice and assistance on policy coverage in obtaining policy benefits for losses associated with CLIENT’S claims covered by this agreement.
LEGAL SERVICES NOT COVERED BY THIS AGREEMENT: if additional legal services are necessary in connection with CLIENT’S claims and CLIENT requests THE ATTORNEYS perform such services, additional fee arrangements must be made by THE ATTORNEYS and CLIENT. For example, such additional services may be required:
• if the judgment obtained is not in CLIENT’S favor, or the amount thereof is unsatisfactory to CLIENT;
• if the judgment obtained is in CLIENT’S favor and an opposing party appeals from the judgment;
• if a retrial is ordered after a motion for new trial or a mistrial, or after reversal of the judgment on appeal;
• in judgment enforcement proceedings; or
• negotiations and appeals associated with resolution of Medicare and Medicaid liens.
This website is not intended to provide legal advice as each situation is different and specific factual information must be obtained before an attorney is able to assess the legal questions relevant to your situation.
If you or a loved one has suffered an injury from neglect or abuse in a nursing home or other care facility that serves the elderly in Minnesota please contact our firm for a free consultation and information regarding the obligations of the facility and your rights as a resident or concerned family member. To contact Attorney Kenneth L. LaBore, directly please send an email to KLaBore@MNnursinghomeneglect.com or call Ken at 612-743-9048.