Providence Place has several substantiated complaint on the MDH website including a resident who suffered multiple fractures after a fall as well as other incidents including; oxygen deprivation and others.
Provider: Providence Place
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
Provider Type: Nursing Home
Number of Substantiated Complaints listed by MDH 3
Complaint 1: Fractures After a Fall
Date Investigation Concluded: October 31, 2011
Basis of Complaint: Neglect of Health Care – Fractures After a Fall
Date Investigation Concluded: Septembetr 28, 2011
Basis of Complaint: Neglect of Health Care
Date Investigation Concluded: August 31, 2009
Basis of Complaint: Neglect of Healthc Care – Under Appeal
Information about Falls collected by Minnesota Nursing Home Neglect and Abuse Attorney, Kenneth L. LaBore
Falls – A Minnesota and National Public Health Concern
- Falls are the number one cause of trauma deaths, non-fatal major trauma and other trauma care in Minnesota. The vast majority of these cases are among older Minnesotans.
- Minnesota’s fall death rate is almost twice the national average and it is increasing. Every hour an older adult dies as the result of a fall.
- The total costs for non-fatal falls among Minnesotans 65 years of age and older were $162 million for hospital charges and $20.4 million for emergency department charges in 2005.
- Hip fractures are among the most serious fall-related injuries. Twenty percent die within the first year post-fracture, half never regain their previous level of functioning, and many are unable to live independently after their injury.
- Falls among the elderly are driving health care costs and significantly impacting quality of life for our older adults.
What you can do –
Sign-up for the statewide falls prevention listserv. The listserv is a vehicle to share information related to the falls prevention initiative. To subscribe to the listserv, please visit:
Visit the Minnesota Falls Prevention Initiative website at http://www.mnfallsprevention.org/ The website contains more detailed information related to conducting fall risk screenings and assessments, implementing falls prevention interventions in your community, linking community.
Although, efforts are made to make accurate links and relayed information, these blogs are examples of neglect and other issues, please double check all information at: MDH Website
This website is not intended to provide legal advice as each situation is different and specific factual information must be obtained before an attorney is able to assess the legal questions relevant to your situation.
If you or a loved one has suffered an injury from neglect or abuse in a nursing home or other care facility that serves the elderly in Minnesota please contact our firm for a free consultation and information regarding the obligations of the facility and your rights as a resident or concerned family member. To contact Attorney Kenneth L. LaBore, directly please send an email to KLaBore@MNnursinghomeneglect.com or call Ken at 612-743-9048.