Nursing Home Residents – Elder Care Resources
Elder Care Resources – One the most valuable elder care resources is the comprehensive ‘Elder Care Guide’ was compiled by our firm to assist professionals and seniors in making informed long term housing and care choices. Information in the Guide is broken down by the type of Minnesota license or registration. Numerous stakeholders contributed to information in the Guide, which has become a popular resource. Publication funding support was made possible by the Elder Law Section of the Minnesota State Bar Association. To download the Guide, click here.
• Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services – http://www.cms.hhs.gov/
• Medicare – http://www.medicare.gov/
• Eldercare Locator (helps find local agencies to assist in getting services) – http://www.eldercare.gov/Eldercare.NET/Public/Home.aspx
• National Clearinghouse for Long Term Care -http://www.longtermcare.gov/LTC/Main_Site/index.aspx (provides comprehensive information to consumers about planning for long term care)
• Minnesota Department of Health – www.health.state.mn.us
• Minnesota Department of Health Compliance Monitoring Division website for a directory of MDH licensed and registered facilities – www.health.state.mn.us/divs/fpc/directory/fpcdir.html (i.e. nursing home, housing with services establishments, home care provider licenses)
• “Nursing Home Selection”- http://www.health.state.mn.us/nhreportcard/ (searches for nursing homes based on the criteria most important to consumer; website co-sponsored by Minnesota’s DHS and MDH departments)
• Minnesota Department of Human Services – www.dhs.state.mn.us
• Minnesota Department of Human Services Licensing Lookup for a directory of DHS licensed facilities – http://licensinglookup.dhs.state.mn.us/ (i.e. Adult Foster Care, Adult Day Services, Residential Homes)
• Minnesota Help Info Line (featuring the Long-Term Care Choices Navigator & other resources; sponsored by DHS & MN Board on Aging) – http://www.minnesotahelp.info/public/
• Long Term Care choices – http://longtermcarechoices.minnesotahelp.info/ (guides user through a process of selecting a long term care option based on various factors)
• Minnesota Board on Aging (Advocate, Advisor, Administrator; including Ombudsman) – http://www.mnaging.org/
• Metropolitan Area Agency on Aging – http://www.tcaging.org/index.html
• Senior LinkAge Line (Finding community services) – http://www.tcaging.org/findinghelp/sll.html ; 1-800-333-2433
• Landlord & tenant rights for Rental Housing – http://www.ag.state.mn.us/Consumer/housing/lt/default.asp
• Various Senior topics – http://www.ag.state.mn.us/Consumer/Seniors/Default.asp
• AARP of Minnesota – http://www.aarp.org/states/mn/ ; 1-866-554-5381
• Aging Services of Minnesota (formerly MN Health & Housing Alliance; consumer information & guides) – http://www.mhha.com/ ; 651.645.4545
Report Suspected Abuse and Neglect – Elder Care Resources
For more information from the Minnesota Department of Health, Office of Health Facility Complaints concerning nursing homes, assisted living and other elder care providers view resolved complaints at the MDH website.
If you have concerns about any other form of elder abuse or neglect contact Minnesota Elder Abuse Attorney Kenneth LaBore toll free at 612-743-9048 or toll free at 1-888-452-6589 or by email at KLaBore@MNnursinghomeneglect.com.