Auburn Manor Resident Suffers Water Scald Burns
In a report from the Minnesota Department of Health is alleged that a resident at Auburn Manor in Chaska was neglected when the resident wandered into the laundry room and was burned by hot water. The resident was transferred to the hospital. The hospital determined the resident sustained second degree burns to more than 20% of the body. The resident died the following day.
Resident at Auburn Manor Dies a Day After 20% Burns Over Entire Body
Based on a preponderance of evidence, neglect occurred when the facility failed to provide a safe environment and adequate supervision. According to the MDH report the facility staff left a locked laundry room door unattended and held open using a magnetic latch, and the resident entered into the laundry room. The resident was found lying in the cement catch basin which collects the hot waste water from the washing machine. The resident sustained second degree burns from hot water and died the next day as a result of the burns.
For a Free Consultation with an Experienced Elder Neglect Attorney call Kenneth LaBore Toll Free at 1-888-452-6589.
Of all the types of injuries suffered by residents in elder care facilities, burns are one of the most painful and life threatening. Burn injuries are also preventable with proper care and supervision.
Report Suspected Elder Abuse
If you suspect elder or vulnerable adult neglect or abuse contact the Minnesota Adult Abuse Reporting Center answered 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at 1-844-880-1574.
If you have concerns about care provided to a resident in a nursing home, assisted living or any other type of elder care provider contact Attorney Kenneth LaBore for a Free Consultation to discuss your legal rights and options.